A letter to MS

"One of my students drew my attention to this letter in the Guardian on Saturday.  A heart rendering account of the impact MS has on one individual and on those around him. A very touching read." 

A letter to … multiple sclerosis

The letter you always wanted to write

The Guardian, Saturday 14 April 2012

I wasn't properly introduced to you until 2005, when I was nine, but I remember Mam and Dad sitting me down for the first time when I was six and explaining why Dad had a funny walk. My response was: "I want my next daddy to be fit." Everyone just laughed it off. I used to hobble behind my dad, copying his posture and facial expressions. He would laugh and swing me high up in the air. I felt as if I was flying. My dad being 6ft 5in, I virtually was......

Read more


"I wish I could write like this!"

Labels: ,